Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HANNA

I suppose we've just seen this dynamic with Nicolas Cage and ChloĆ« Grace Moretz in Kick-Ass, but this seems way more realistic (if that makes any sense). I like the way Saoirse Ronan's career has taken shape thus far. She was one of the best parts of Joe Wright's Atonement--earning an Oscar nomination in the process. She has gone back-and-forth between kiddie roles (City of Ember) and ones that demand a little more maturity (The Lovely Bones).

Coincidently, Wright is directing Ronan once more in the upcoming Hanna: a tale of a young girl who is trained by her ex-CIA father (Eric Bana). When the government tracks him down, Hanna is captured and then unleashes the fury on everyone around her. Cate Blanchett plays an agent who has the wrath of dad and daughter upon her.

To her credit, Ronan looks very believable as a pint-size assassin; at least in this two minute first glance. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Blanchett ends up being Hanna's mom.

2 comments:

  1. Unquestionably consider that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the net the
    easiest thing to take into accout of. I say to you, I certainly get
    irked even as people think about issues that they just don't recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the entire thing without having side effect , other people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you
    Here is my blog post cheap cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing on your feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!
    Review my website - how to get rid of blemishes

    ReplyDelete